Do you want to be known in your local area as an ‘Age Friendly’ and be recognised for providing an excellent service and environment for older customers?
Or do you use a local business that provides outstanding service and want to let others know?
The T.E.D. Age-Friendly Business award gives customers the confidence to know that businesses meet a range of criteria, from a clutter free environment to excellent customer service.
To register or nominate a business for assessment contact Elisabeth Wright, the T.E.D. Age-Friendly Business Coordinator
Phone: 07495 008730
How The Age Friendly Business Award Works
- The T.E.D. Age-Friendly Business Coordinator will discus the criteria for achieving the award with the business.
- When the business feels they are ready they will register for assessment
- Volunteer mystery shoppers will visit the business to gather evidence against the award criteria
- The T.E.D. Age-Friendly Business Coordinator will discuss their findings with the business and collect additional information.
- All evidence will be submitted to the T.E.D. Project Manager for objective assessment.
- The business will be informed of the result and given feedback.
- Successful businesses will receive the T.E.D. Age-Friendly Business certificate and window sticker.
- Ongoing mystery shops will ensure that the award standards are maintained.
The award criteria include:
- Customer Comfort
- Clear Marketing and Communications
- Staff Training and Attitude
- Age Friendly Employer
Benefits Of Being Involved
By participating in our ‘Age Friendly’ Business accreditation you can stand out in your area and let your local community know that you value older people and want to help foster a positive view of ageing.
- The Louth, Mablethorpe
- Lyndhurst Garden Centre, Skegness
- The Nutty Bake, Mablethorpe
- Ingoldmell Holidays
- People First Mobility, Skegness
- Holland and Barrett, Louth
- Boots Pharmacy, Sutton-on-Sea
- Louth and District Bowling Club
- The Bacchus Hotel, Sutton-on-Sea
- Gregory’s Mobility, Sutton-on-Sea
- Bennetts Butchers, Sutton-on-Sea
- Watson Home Hardware, Sutton-on-Sea
- The Countryman, Ingoldmells
- Wilkin Chapman LLP Solicitors
- Country Tea Room, Louth
- Station Sports Centre, Mablethorpe
- Louth Playgoers Society Ltd
- Lydia Hayes, Mablethorpe
- Revolution, Mablethorpe
- Vincent’s Restaurant, Ingoldmells
- Wolds Cafe, Louth
- The Rufford, Skegness
- Skegness Aquarium
- Louth Tennis and Sports Club
- SO Festival 2017
- Coffee and cake Skegness