A selection of the events and clubs that are happening in East Lindsey over the next few weeks:
- The Beach Hut Festival 2017: Saturday 22 July, 10am to Sunday 23 July 5pm. The Beach Hut Festival returns for 2017 to the promenade at Sutton on Sea, even bigger and even better than last year with a large array of stalls and huts selling allsorts of interesting things, great quality music & entertainment from The Music Box and popular favourites like the March of the Pirates and Mermaids and a Punch & Judy show…. A great weekend for all the family & it is FREE! (Dogs are welcome too on the prom with access to dog friendly areas of the beach only a short walk away).
- Red Hat Society: 1st Wednesday of the month, 5.30pm at Samantha’s Coffee and Gift Shop, Sutton on Sea. The Red Hat Ladies are aged 50 and over and their ‘hattitude’ is Live, Laugh and Love and grow old disgracefully. Please contact Janet Edson on 01507 440175 o email: Jedson49@hotmail.com if you would like to attend this group.
- Alford Summer Tuesday Craft Market: 18th July; 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd August. Market Place, Alford, Lincs., LN13 9EB. The craft stalls compliment the outdoor traditional Tuesday market where there is an auction, a fish stall, vegetables stalls and other stalls. Indoors in the Corn Exchange you will be able to meet the craft makers and enjoy a nice cup of tea or coffee and homemade cake. Free entry.
- Civil War Weekend: Saturday 5th – Sunday 6th August. Tattershall Castle. Telephone:01526 342543. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Experience what happened in August 1643 when the Royalists attacked the Castle. Immerse yourself in seventeenth century life with weapons drills, a living history encampment and a battle re-enactment both days.
- Sutton on Sea Horticultural Society Annual Open Show: Sunday 23rd July. Sutton on Sea Horticultural Society invite you to enter their 76th Show at the Meridale Centre from 1p.m. It’s open to the public from 1 p.m. and admission is just £1.00! With under 12s FREE. Categories include flowers, floral art, cookery, handicrafts and vegetables, and there are novice and children’s classes. Schedules are available from Watson Home Hardware on the High Street in Sutton.
- St Barnabas Hospice Day Therapy: Friday 4th August, 10am to 2pm. St Barnabas hold a Day Therapy Session in the Marsico Practice, Stanley Avenue, Mablethorpe, LN12 1DP. Upstairs in the Training Room every Friday. Pop in for a chat and a drink or for more information ring 01507 351524.
- East Coast Nitro (Remote Control Car) Group: Sunday 6th August at 10am. The East Coast Nitro Club, for all Remote Control car enthusiasts, meets every Sunday at 10.00 a.m. at Theddlethorpe Village Hall, Mablethorpe Road, Theddlethorpe, LN12 1NQ. For more information please contact Luke on 07413 514996