Do you want to be known in your local area as ‘Age friendly’ and be recognised for providing an excellent service and environment for older customers?
Or do you use a local business that provides outstanding service and want to let others know?
The T.E.D. Age friendly Business award gives customers the confidence to know that businesses meet a range of criteria, from a clutter free environment to excellent customer service.
To register or nominate a business for assessment contact the T.E.D. Age friendly Business Coordinator, Elaine Croker:
Phone: 01529 301970
How The Age friendly Business Award Works
- The T.E.D. Age friendly Business Coordinator will discuss the criteria for achieving the award with the business.
- When the business feels they are ready they will register for assessment
- Volunteer mystery shoppers will visit the business to gather evidence against the award criteria
- The T.E.D. Age friendly Business Coordinator will discuss their findings with the business and collect additional information.
- All evidence will be submitted to the T.E.D. Project Manager for objective assessment.
- The business will be informed of the result and given feedback.
- Successful businesses will receive the T.E.D. Age friendly Business certificate and window sticker.
- Ongoing mystery shops will ensure that the award standards are maintained.
The award criteria include:
- Customer Comfort
- Clear Marketing and Communications
- Staff Training and Attitude
Benefits Of Being Involved
By participating in our ‘Age friendly’ Business accreditation you can stand out in your area and let your local community know that you value older people and want to help foster a positive view of ageing.
Congratulations go to the businesses below who have been successful in achieving our Age friendly Business Award:
Donington on Bain
- Lovelle Estate Agent, Horncastle
- Poachers Hideaway Holiday Cottages, Horncastle
- Wilkin Chapman, Horncastle
- BG Solicitors, Louth
- Country Tea Room, Louth
- Crispy Biscuit, Louth
- Croft Estate Agents, Louth
- Green Cottage Tea Room, Louth
- Holland and Barrett, Louth
- Louth and District Bowling Club
- Louth Playgoers Society Ltd
- Louth Tennis and Sports Club
- The Grey Hound Inn, Louth
- Wilkin Chapman LLP Solicitors, Louth
- Wilko Store, Louth
- Wolds Cafe, Louth
- Lydia Hayes Optician, Mablethorpe
- Barclays Bank UK PLC, Mablethorpe
- Revolution, Mablethorpe
- Station Sports Centre, Mablethorpe
- The Louth, Mablethorpe
- The Nutty Baker, Mablethorpe
- Barclays Bank UK PLC, Skegness
- Caxton House, Skegness
- Coffee and cake, Skegness
- Hodgkinsons Solicitors, Skegness
- Lincolnshire COOP, Roman Bank Food Store, Skegness
- Lovelle Estate Agent, Skegness
- Lyndhurst Garden Centre, Skegness
- Nationwide Building Society, Skegness
- People First Mobility, Skegness
- Rawlinsons Optometrists, Skegness
- Skegness Aquarium
- The Chuckling Cheese Company, Skegness
- The Rufford, Skegness
- The Village, Church Farm, Skegness
- Wilko, Skegness
- Bennetts Butchers, Sutton-on-Sea
- Boots Pharmacy, Sutton-on-Sea
- Gregory’s Mobility, Sutton-on-Sea
- The Bacchus Hotel, Sutton-on-Sea
- Watson Home Hardware, Sutton-on-Sea
- Lincs Training
- SO Festival 2018