TED specialist advice is provided by Citizens Advice Lindsey
The service delivers information, advice and advocacy service to over 50s in East Lindsey on a broad range of advice areas including but not limited to:
- Maximising income, e.g. benefit entitlement
- Support and guidance on welfare benefit appeals and the tribunal process
- Managing money & debt related issues
- Universal credit ( ‘younger’ older people)
- Help with energy costs, e.g. switching providers
- Disabilities and Healthcare and available financial support
- State & private pension advice
- State entitlements for older people
- Tax, savings and investments
- Lifestyle choices including volunteering
The service operates from the Louth Office on a Monday and Wednesday 9:30am-12:30pm: the Mablethorpe Office on Tuesday 9:30am-1:30pm and then the Skegness Office on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30am-12:30pm.
There are also specific Over 50 drop in sessions; at the Spilsby New Life Centre on a Monday from 10am-12pm, the Marisco Medical centre in Mablethorpe on a Wednesday from 9am-12pm and Horncastle Library on Thursday from 9:30am-12pm.
Over 50s will have access to a range of advice, casework and specialist support including support with complex financial, debt and housing issues that require casework and third party work, employment, consumer, relationships and family, discrimination, law and rights and education. Our goal is to help people find a way forward, whatever problem they face by empowering them to make decisions and change their circumstances for the better.