We will deliver information, advice and advocacy service to over 50s in East Lindsey on a broad range of advice areas including but not limited to:
- Maximising income, e.g. benefit entitlement
- Support and guidance on welfare benefit appeals and the tribunal process
- Managing money & debt related issues
- Universal credit ( ‘younger’ older people)
- Help with energy costs, e.g. switching providers
- Disabilities and Healthcare and available financial support
- State & private pension advice
- State entitlements for older people
- Tax, savings and investments
- Lifestyle choices including volunteering
There are also specific Over 50 drop in sessions, on at the Spilsby New Life Centre on a Monday from 10am-12pm, the Marisco Medical centre in Mablethorpe on a Wednesday from 9am-12pm and also Horncastle Library on a Thursday from 9:30am-12pm.
Over 50s will have access to our other range of advice, casework and specialist support including support with complex financial, debt and housing issues that require casework and third party work, employment, consumer, relationships and family, discrimination, law and rights and education. Our goal is to help people find a way forward, whatever problem they face by empowering them to make decisions and change their circumstances for the better.
For more information call Marissa Ward on 07977 226520 or email email@example.com
How we deliver advice
- Self-help information: that individuals find and use themselves.
- Assisted information: information that a client finds with assistance.
- Generalist advice: giving further information and explaining options, deciding between options and giving assistance.
- Casework: taking action on the client’s behalf.
- Signposting and Referral: for specialist support e.g. immigration, employment, family, domestic abuse, substance misuse