Do you want to be known in your local area as ‘Age-friendly’ and be recognised for providing an excellent service and environment for older customers? Or do you use a local business that provides outstanding service and want to let others know?
The free TED Age-friendly Business Award gives customers the confidence to know that businesses meet a range of criteria, from a clutter free environment to excellent customer service.
To register or nominate a business for assessment contact the TED Age-friendly Business Officer, Eve Farley:
Phone: 01529 301966
How The Age-friendly Business Award Works
- A business or customer recommends the business to apply for the free Age-friendly Business Award. Register or nominate a business by contacting the TED Age-friendly Business Officer, Phone: 01529 301966 or Email: Eve.Farley@lincsymca.co.uk
- The TED Age-friendly Business Officer will contact the business, once the nomination has been received, to discuss the criteria for achieving the free Award.
- A meeting will be booked for the TED Age-friendly Business Officer to visit the business and undertake an assessment with the Business owner/manager.
- Upon completion of the assessment all evidence will be submitted to the TED Programme Manager for an objective assessment.
- The TED Age-friendly Business Officer will inform the business of the result and any feedback.
- Successful Businesses will be presented with a TED Age-friendly Business Award certificate and window sticker which will be displayed for customers to see.
The Award Criteria include:
- Respect and Inclusion
- Customer Comfort
- Clear Marketing and Communications
Benefits Of Being Involved
By participating in our free ‘Age-friendly’ Business accreditation you can stand out in your area and let your local community know that you value older people and want to help foster a positive view of ageing.
Congratulations go to the Businesses below who have been successful in achieving our Age-friendly Business Award:
Chapel St Leonards
Donington on Bain
SO Festival 2017
SO Festival 2018
SO Festival 2019
The Crispy Biscuit