The Age-friendly Business award looked to recognise businesses for providing excellent customer service and environment for older customers.
The free TED Age-friendly Business Award has given customers the confidence to know that businesses meet a range of criteria, from a clutter free environment to excellent customer service.
How The Age-friendly Business Award Worked
- A business or customer recommended the business to apply for the free Age-friendly Business Award.
- The TED Team contacted the business, once the nomination was received, to discuss the criteria for achieving the free Award.
- A meeting was booked for TED to visit the business and undertake an assessment with the Business owner/manager.
- Upon completion of the assessment all evidence was submitted to the TED Programme Manager for an objective assessment.
- The TED Age-friendly Business Officer informed the business of the result and any feedback.
- Successful Businesses were presented with a TED Age-friendly Business Award certificate and window sticker which would be displayed for customers to see.
The Award Criteria include:
- Respect and Inclusion
- Customer Comfort
- Clear Marketing and Communications
Benefits Of Being Involved
By participating in our free ‘Age-friendly’ Business accreditation businesses could stand out in their area and let their local community know that they value older people and want to help foster a positive view of ageing.
Congratulations go to the Businesses below who have been successful in achieving our Age-friendly Business Award:
Chapel St Leonards
Donington on Bain
SO Festival 2018
SO Festival 2019
The Crispy Biscuit
Sutton on Sea
R Wisby Butchers