About the Lunch Club Project
TED have learnt that the lunch clubs offer a valuable source of social connectivity for people aged 50 and over. The groups are an ideal setting to introduce information on other services and groups in the local area. Age UK Lindsey plan to maintain the current lunch clubs and further expand information on other services. We will also look to introduce a combined coffee morning/ lunch club approach.
The TED lunch clubs were split between community based locations and commercial businesses. Lunch clubs were delivered in the following locations:
- Woodhall spa. This club ran weekly with 35+ regular diners, and a total of around 46 registered attendees.
- Horncastle. Lunch club met weekly with around 30-35 regular diners and a total of about 48 registered attendees.
- Skegness. This group met fortnightly, with about 30+ regular diners and 32 registered attendees in total.
Commercial based lunch clubs were held at:
- The Royal Oak in Mareham Le Fen. With a weekly 65+ registered attendees.
- The White Horse in Louth. With a fortnightly 23+ registered attendees.
Since the Covid-19 pandemic, Age UK Lindsey have kept in touch with their lunch club attendees in the following ways:
- Regular well being calls /chats
- Bi-monthly newsletters
- An afternoon tea delivery
- Christmas treat pack & gift
- Easter treat pack & plant