We made the decision that TED will not continue to offer group activities, and we have supported the TED Friendship Groups to make the decision to cease holding meetings with immediate effect.
With many of our TED volunteers and members self-isolating, the TED Team have been working to find new ways to help the over 50s in East Lindsey. A list of the interim support available can be found on this page with our updated ConnecTED Friendship Offer.
We are here to support you
There are a number of ways we can help if you are in self-isolation or are concerned about the advice around Covid-19. We are offering the following free services:
If you would like to access any of our ConnecTED Services please call one of the numbers below between 9am and 5pm, Monday – Friday: (Please select the area closest to your address)
- Binbrook and Louth – 01529 301965
- Chapel St Leonards and Alford – 01529 301973
- Mablethorpe and Sutton-on-Sea – 01529 301961
- Skegness and Ingoldmells – 01529 301966
- Wainfleet and Spilsby – 01529 301970
- Wragby, Horncastle and Woodhall Spa – 01529 301951
Passing On Positivity (POP), will build upon the ‘Three Good Things’ activity to encourage people to focus on more positive things and in turn might help them to feel happier, more contented and to help build resilience. This is especially important, as people are dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on their lives now and in the immediate future. Once ‘Three Good Things’ is established we will promote a variety of other positive ideas and activities designed to improve mood and increase an optimistic outlook, so please keep an eye on our website and social media.
Our First Activity –Three Good Things “involves consciously spending a few minutes each day focusing on some of the good things that happen to us. By doing this we start to notice what goes right as well as wrong in our lives. Even on a bad day there are some good things that happen, however small.”
How to take part:
- At the end of each day think about three things that you are grateful for, or you enjoyed or that went well. These do not have to be ‘big’ things, often it is the small or brief things that give us the most satisfaction.
- Write down your three things. People usually write words, but you can also use pictures if you prefer. Or take photos. Don’t worry about spelling or grammar, this is for you.
- Reflect – think about each of the three things and why they felt good. With practice this gets much easier.
- After a week look back on what you have written. How do you feel? Can you notice any similar “good things” that follow a theme (e.g. enjoying nature, time with your pets, grandchildren)?
- Try to keep going for a few more weeks. Some people continue to do this as part of their routine. After a while you might only need to do this a few times a week, you might also find that you instinctively become more grateful for things in everyday life.
We would love to see your ‘three good things’ thoughts and messages. If you feel comfortable you can share and let us know if you would like it to be with or without your name by contacting us on:
Phone: 01529 301966 / 07495008715
Facebook: TED in East Lindsey
Our TED Delivery Partners are currently providing:
Age UK Lindsey are providing weekly befriending calls and are also providing wellbeing calls to a number of clients each month. You can call 01507 524242 to find out more.
Their Information and Advice service are providing help and advice on different benefits and how to claim them including support to fill in forms, blue badge applications and have information on housing and social options.
People can come to Citizens Advice Lindsey with all sorts of issues. You may have money, benefit, housing or employment problems. You may be facing a crisis, or just considering your options. If you’re worried about money and live in East or West Lindsey, complete the self-referral form and they will be in touch. Phone us on Freephone 0808 2787904 which is available Monday – Friday 9am till 5pm
The Carers First – Men Do Project is only for Men. If you’re over 50 and live in East Lindsey, why not give it a go. Wellbeing Telephone and Skype Calls and Peer to Peer Remote Support is currently available. The peer to peer support service encourage our beneficiaries to call one another regularly to check in and chat to each other and keep their sparks of friendship going in this difficult time. For more information call Carers First Hub on 0300 303 1555, Sarah on 07391 418586 or online: info@CarersFIRST.org.uk
Magna Vitae are offering regular wellbeing calls to registered Fitness, Food and Friends participants. Online support for participants signed up for emails, including recipes, nutrition, fitness, and wellbeing tips. Weekly ‘Tasty Tuesday’ recipes, nutrition & wellbeing tips via social media channels. Regular links to physical activity ideas which can easily take place within the home, including free access to TVFit, the online app which offers guided workouts aimed at all abilities. For more information on both projects please contact Marko Humphrey on 01507 681811 or 07767 664186 and Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lincs Digital are offering, IT support delivered at distance including advice on using mobile phones. They can offer you help with how to Skype, FaceTime, use Apps on your device, and with finding information online. A range of digital guides are also available. Call 07783 151469 or email email@example.com
We have been working hard with our Delivery Partners to create some helpful guides for you to access from home. Please find the guides from Lincs Digital about accessing digital services at home here.