We are aware that the needs of our TED Members, Beneficiaries and Volunteers will be greater than ever in the coming weeks, and we recognise that TED has a role to play in protecting the health and wellbeing of our communities, whilst balancing the need for social contact, particularly amongst some of our most isolated and vulnerable residents.
We continue to review and risk assess all TED activities and the welfare of our communities, volunteers and beneficiaries will continue to be of paramount importance to us. At present all TED services and activities will continue to run, but will be monitored on a day to day basis in the light of advice from government.
If at any point it becomes necessary to cancel any of our activities or withdraw staff from direct delivery, we will work with staff to offer alternative support to our TED members – we are committed to ensuring we are available to support you during this challenging period.
In the meantime, we continue to follow government guidelines in relation to supporting the prevention of infection:
Preventing the Spread of Infection
Public Health England (PHE) recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
- put used tissues in the bin straight away
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available. See hand washing guidance
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Group Events and/or Meetings
- Follow ‘social distancing’ measures – try to maintain 3 step distance between yourself and others
- Ensure rooms are well ventilated
- Where possible, try to hold your event or meeting outside
We will continue to keep you all informed of any developments, but do please get in touch with any member of the TED team if you have any questions or concerns.